Amazon Formally Adopts Neutral Evaluation Process for Enforcing Utility Patents
Tommy Martin, Jason Spotts
As the buying and selling of goods has migrated from brick-and-mortar stores to online marketplaces, geographic boundaries have been erased, creating extraordinary new opportunities for conducting business and engaging in cross-border retail sales. But numerous legal and regulatory issues have arisen in this competitive marketplace, particularly in the context of intellectual property rights. Fortunately, online retailers like Amazon have made significant strides in adopting tools to help rights holders enforce their patents against infringers.
*Kyle Sorenson, a former Baker Botts associate, contributed to this article.
- Roger Fulghum - Litigation: Intellectual Property - Houston
- Michael Hawes - Litigation - Patent - Houston
In addition, five Intellectual Property lawyers were named “Ones to Watch":
- Tyler Beas - Intellectual Property Law and Litigation - Intellectual Property - Dallas
- Lindsay Volpenhein Cutie - Intellectual Property Law and Litigation - Intellectual Property - Houston
- Michael Silliman - Intellectual Property Law and Litigation - Intellectual Property - Houston
- Clarke Stavinoha - Intellectual Property Law and Litigation - Patent - Dallas
- Andrew Wilson - Intellectual Property Law - DC
- Patent Prosecution for Lean Startups: Seven Steps for Protecting Your Early-Stage Ideas
- Back to the Future: Upstream SEP Implementer Standing in View of the Fifth Circuit's Modified Decision in Continental v. Avanci
- USPTO Guidance and Discretionary Denials in Post-Grant Proceedings
- Second Quarter 2022 Federal Circuit Update
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.