Baker Botts Partner Dino Barajas will participate in the following panel discussion at the 2022 HNBA/VIA Corporate Counsel Conference.
In today’s environment, businesses are encountering unprecedented Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues with serious implications that require trusted, specialized, and practical advice. Regardless of size, businesses must understand and address ESG concerns due to increasing scrutiny from various stakeholders, including investors, government regulators, NGOs, employees, and consumers. As the focus on ESG continues to emerge, evolve, and disrupt, there is an incredible opportunity for lawyers to participate in shaping the future of their companies or firm. This panel will equip lawyers with the keys and best practices to building an effective ESG Program to address one of the most challenging, comprehensive, and powerful movements confronting corporate America.
In this panel the following will be covered:
- What is ESG and how is it changing?
- Why is ESG important for both private and public businesses of all sizes?
- Who are the ESG stakeholders and what is driving its significance?
- What laws and regulations are driving ESG?
- What are some the important keys to an effective ESG Program?