Partner Michael Torosian identifies the major trends that will most affect the startup community in 2021:
- With the exit window wide open and more alternatives to exit, record levels of capital being raised by venture funds and allocated by corporates to corporate venture programs
- More competition among investors for venture investments
- Virtual dealmaking expanding capital to nonlocal companies and quickening the pace of deal making
- Startup companies have an opportunity to obtain amounts of financing and financing from investors they could not have obtained in years past that can serve to accelerate the growth of new technologies, products and markets.
- The vaccine rollout will have a significant impact in the market, whether it serves (i) as a turning point in a return to pre-COVID way of life or (ii) to confirm that the changes made during the pandemic which have impacted these trends are here to stay
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.