Frank Zhu leverages his extensive industry experience and in-depth scientific knowledge to assist clients with intellectual property matters. His diverse technological experience includes microelectronics, materials science, computer science, and chemical engineering. Frank's practice encompasses a broad range of intellectual property matters, including patent litigation, patent prosecution, due diligence, and freedom to operate assessments.
Prior to joining Baker Botts, Frank worked for many years as a development engineer at IBM Semiconductor Research and Development Center, leading materials characterization efforts in support of state-of-the-art microelectronics R&D. He is an avid computer programmer, inventor of 10 U.S. patents, and author of over 30 peer-reviewed scientific journal papers.
- Multinational digital imaging and photography company – ITC Investigations and Inter Partes Review proceedings related to magnetic recording medium technology
- Global semiconductor manufacturing supplier – ITC investigation, multinational patent litigation, invalidity proceedings, FTO opinions, patent portfolio development, and post-acquisition due diligence analysis
- Global health care company – due diligence analysis and Inter Partes Review proceedings related to medical devices
- Global medical device company – patent prosecution and Inter Partes Review proceedings related to medical devices
- American television provider – U.S. district court litigation involving semiconductor components
- Rechargeable battery provider – U.S. district court and Inter Partes Review proceedings related to rechargeable battery technology
- Multinational conglomerate companies – patent application drafting and prosecution service
- Prestigious research universities – patent prosecution and patent licensing related to high-tech technologies
Intellectual Property Report