- Lead attorney in contested case hearing on air permit authorization for a concrete batch plant.
- Lead attorney in administrative contested case hearing and appeals before Travis County District Court and Texas Eleventh Court of Appeals. Granted Texas Clean Air Act preconstruction permit for 800 megawatt coal-fired electric generating facility with CO2 capture unit.
- Regulatory counseling for planning, development, and air quality permitting for a new chemical manufacturing facility to produce animal feed nutritional supplements.
- Regulatory counseling on air quality permitting for a new alpha-olefins chemical manufacturing facility.
- Counseling on air quality regulatory audits for chemical manufacturing and white lime manufacturing facilities.
- Assisted client with first Regulatory Flexibility Order from the TCEQ for use of the EPA Comparable Fuels Rule allowing substitution of fuels at chemical manufacturing facility.
- Represented clients in Single Property Designations from the TCEQ for air quality regulatory purposes.
- Lead attorney in an administrative contested case hearing and district court appeal. Granted renewal and new Class 1 hazardous waste injection well permits from the TCEQ.
- Represented client in negotiation of administrative proceedings, involving contested case hearing, on application for renewal and major modification of Commercial Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facility permit.
- Lead attorney in contested case hearing on application to obtain Municipal Solid Waste Type I landfill permit from the TCEQ.
- Represented client in administrative contested case, district court and appeals court proceedings involving major modifications to Class 1 non-hazardous injection well permits from the TCEQ.
- Lead attorney in three different contested case hearings on municipal wastewater discharge permits that settled prior to hearings on the merits.
- Lead attorney in administrative contested case hearing and district court appeal. Granted a Texas Pollution Discharge Elimination System permit for municipal wastewater discharge.
State & Federal Superfund
- Represented major chemical company in settling federal Superfund litigation involving former barge-cleaning facility.
- Represented clients in state Superfund cases involving former scrap metal recycling facility, former toll chemical manufacturing facility and former electrical equipment refurbishing facility.
- Represented clients in two different federal Superfund cases involving former a tin smelter and a former industrial waste disposal facility.
- Assisted client with product liability litigation relating to oil well cementing operations.
- Represented client in administrative contested case hearing involving amendment to production area authorization for in situ uranium mining permit before Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.