Recent Arbitration & Litigation Experience
- Acted for a Russian multinational telecommunications company in an ICSID Additional Facility arbitration against a CIS sate.
- Acted for an oil & gas company in an arbitration under UNCITRAL Rules arising from a dispute over its licence rights.
- Acted for an international logistics company defending competition follow-on claims in the UK’s Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Acted for a director in unfair prejudice petition proceedings before the English High Court.
- Advised a major Russian company on issues relating to English High Court proceedings.
- Advised a UK investment firm on a construction dispute subject to a statutory adjudication regime.
- Acted for an overseas government in an arbitration under CIArb Rules and related English High Court proceedings arising from a dispute with an asset recovery firm.*
- Acted for an overseas government in its defence against a challenge brought in the English High Court to an arbitration award under UNCITRAL Rules in an energy investment dispute.*
- Acted for an international oil & gas company in a multibillion-dollar arbitration under UNCITRAL Rules and related English High Court proceedings arising from a dispute over an offshore joint venture in South Asia.*
- Acted for an international oil & gas company in an arbitration under ICC Rules arising from a dispute over a production-sharing agreement in the Middle East.*
Recent Sanctions and Other Advisory Experience
- Advised various international companies and organisations on the impact of UK and EU financial and sectoral sanctions on a range of proposed corporate transactions, joint venture structures and other special situations.
- Advised a Russian oil producer on sanctions risks relating to arbitration clauses requiring under the LCIA in England & Wales.
- Advised a Russian bank on the enforcement of English court orders overseas.
- Advised an international gas producer on obligations under the UK Bribery Act.
- Advised on the resolution of licensing disputes arising from joint ventures (including in the ICT, FMCG and media sectors).
*Prior to joining Baker Botts