- General Counsel, Corporate Secretarial and Corporate Governance Experience – nearly 3 years of providing outside general counsel services to public and private companies; 11 years at Carrizo Oil & Gas and over 10 years at Pogo Producing Company preparing agendas, minutes, resolutions and counseling the Board of Directors, its committees and senior management on a range of matters including, but not limited to: Board and management succession, three shareholder activism events, three special investigations, recommendation and adoption of corporate governance policies, numerous internal policies and procedures, contract administration, employment agreements, severance arrangements and other matters. Also provided “outside general counsel services” to Laredo Energy, LLC and other clients.
- Midstream Matters – Represented both upstream companies and mid-stream companies in (i) negotiating gathering, transportation, processing, terminaling services and sales agreements (including both NAESB and non-traditional forms), and (ii) counseling regarding the viability and enforceability of dedication provisions in the bankruptcy context.
- M&A Transactions – $17 billion announced merger of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation with Cimarex Energy Co.; $2.7 billion merger of Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. with Callon Petroleum Company; $200 million merger of Carrizo UK North Sea (Huntington) with Iona Petroleum Co.; $750 million merger of North Central Oil Corporation with Pogo Producing Company; and a $115 million merger of Arch Petroleum with Pogo Producing Company.
- U.S. Joint Venture Transactions – Inward investment of over $800 million through the following joint ventures: Barnett Shale (Sumitomo -- 2009); Marcellus Shale (Reliance Industries – 2010); Eagle Ford Shale (GAIL – 2011, Eagle Ford Minerals – 2011); and Niobrara Shale (OIL India – 2012, Indian Oil Corp. – 2012, Lanzhou Haimo Technologies – 2012).
- Private Equity Joint Ventures – Utica Shale (Avista Capital Partners – 2011); Barnett Shale (KKR – 2011); Marcellus Shale (Avista Capital Partners – 2008).
- International Joint Ventures – Multiple UK North Sea farmouts and joint ventures by Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. with Nexen Petroleum (2015 & 2012) and joint venture operations with Premier, E.On, Noreco and Wintershall; Farmouts and joint venture operations in New Zealand, Hungary, Vietnam and Thailand with companies such as Chevron, Unocal, Mitsui, OMV, Mighty River Power and Keeper Resources.
- Other Domestic A&D Transactions – private sale of assets (Eagle ford) 2022; (MDC Energy (363 Sale) 2021; State of Wyoming (Surface, Minerals & trona) 2020; Devon Energy (Delaware Basin) 2018; Admiral (Delaware Basin) 2018; EP Energy (Eagle Ford) 2017; Verdad (Niobrara) 2017; Kalnin (Marcellus) 2017; Ascent (Utica) 2017; ExL Petroleum property (Delaware Basin) 2017; Sanchez (Eagle Ford) 2016; Eagle Ford Minerals (Eagle Ford) 2011, 2012 and 2014; Avista Capital (Utica) 2013; EnerVest (Barnett Shale) 2013; Scout Energy (North Texas) 2013; Chief Energy (Marcellus) 2013; White Oak Energy (Gulf Coast) 2012; Halcon Energy (Utica) 2012; ARP Barnett (Barnett) 2012; KKR (Barnett) 2011; Atlas Resources Partners (Barnett) 2012; Sale of Barnett Shale pipeline (Delphi Midstream Partners) 2009; and two Barnett Shale Land Bank transactions (Hartz Capital and an undisclosed investor).
- Other International A&D Transactions – $820 million sale of Thailand assets to PTTEP and Mitsui; bareboat charters for an FPSO with SBM Offshore and an FSO with Tanker Pacific.
- Public and Private Offerings – $250 million preferred stock and warrants (2017); $250 million redemption of $250 million high-yield offering (2017); $650 million high yield note offering with tender offer (2015); $300 million high yield note offering (2012); $300 million "tack-on" (2014); $400 million high yield note offering (2010) and $200 million "tack-on" (2011); $374 million convertible note offering; common stock offerings – (2018, 2016, 2015 two offerings), 2013, 2010 (two offerings) and 2008.