Sandra Lee is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice in the firm’s New York office. Ms. Lee’s work is focused in the pharmaceutical, chemical, medical device and consumer products areas.
Ms. Lee has a full spectrum practice that includes a broad range of client counseling and strategic portfolio development and management. She has been involved in supporting numerous post-grant proceedings, and she counsels clients in Orange Book and Hatch-Waxman related issues. Ms. Lee has also supported litigation matters from pre-suit investigation and continuing through trial.
Ms. Lee has vast experience with due diligence investigations on proposed transactions across a broad range of technologies, and assists her clients with IP-related agreements associated with technology transfers through acquisition or licensing opportunities. Ms. Lee also conducts freedom to operate and clearance investigations, validity/infringement assessments, and investigates inventorship disputes.
Prior to her legal career, Ms. Lee spent six years in biomedical research in the Department of Anesthesia at the Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston, investigating the interaction of opioids and benzodiazepines.
- Biopharmaceutical companies – Representation of multinational, mid-size, and start-up biopharmaceutical companies in connection with strategic portfolio development; licensing; and IP diligence matters; advising on Inter partes review proceedings (as petitioner and patent holder); Orange Book and Hatch-Waxman litigation
- Consumer products companies – Strategic portfolio management in formulations, biotechnology, device and related hi-tech divisions; IP diligence associated with M&A matters; clearance assessments; opinion and pre-litigation assessments; advising on Inter partes review proceedings
- Specialty products chemical manufacturers – Portfolio development; targeted diligence; and clearance assessments
- University clients – Development of patent prosecution strategies; licensing negotiations and drafting; inventorship disputes
- Chemical development and processing manufacturers – licensing negotiations; clearance assessments; mediation; appellate matters
Awards & Community
Listed in Who's Who Legal: Life Sciences, 2018 & 2019
Listed in International Who's Who of Life Sciences Lawyers, 2012
Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer - Rising Star, 2012
One Rock Capital Partners, LLC's $932 Million Acquisition Of Innophos Holdings, Inc. – Global Legal ChronicleGlobal Legal Chronicle
Global Legal Chronicle
Texas Lawbook, The
Moderator, Annual Silicon Valley Meeting
Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, Spring Seminar, Lansing, Michigan
Patent Prosecution, Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent PortfolioExternal Article
Blockchain (or distributed ledger) technologies are here. Some may argue whether this is a paradigm-shifting change like the internet, or simply a solution in search of a problem.