Megan Lawhorne is a member of the firm's Global Projects Department focusing her practice on energy projects and transactions. Ms. Lawhorne represents private and public companies in a broad range of corporate and transactional matters in the energy sector, particularly energy project development.
Before joining Baker Botts, Ms. Lawhorne worked at NextEra Energy, Inc. as a legal intern and corporate governance associate. While in law school, Ms. Lawhorne was a Research Editor for the Florida Law Review and a research assistant for Professor D. Daniel Sokol.
- Sempra Energy's development and expansion of Cameron LNG export facilities, including developing tolling and joint venture arrangements
- Fortune 100 retailer's negotiation of several C&I PPAs for rooftop solar assets
- Major Automotive Company's development of hydrogen fueling infrastructure, including fueling stations for FCEVs, and hydrogen fuel supply arrangements
- Fortune 100 retailer's negotiation of license agreements for the installation of electric vehicle charging stations on retail premises
- Regulated utility's procurement of several stand-alone battery energy storage systems
- Spanish energy conglomerate's purchase of Tier 1 solar modules for various utility-scale projects in the U.S.
- Fortune 100 company's purchase of rooftop solar energy for several of its East Coast store locations
- Several renewable energy developers in the purchase of Tier 1 solar modules for various utility-scale projects in the U.S.
- Private equity fund's structuring of a joint venture arrangement for the development and acquisition of solar power project
Mergers & Acquisitions
- BKV-BPP Power's purchase of the Temple I generation facility in Texas
- Private equity fund's purchase of Foundation Solar Partners
- Private equity fund's purchase of 31 hydroelectric projects in the U.S.
- The AES Corporation in the structuring of a 10-year strategic alliance with Google to accelerate the growth and adoption of clean energy
- Representing a leading private equity firm's acquisition of a large-scale developer of landfill gas to RNG projects
- Public energy company's acquisition of a private company with 10 GW of development-stage and operating solar power projects
- Public energy company's acquisition of development-stage solar power projects with an aggregate output of 820 MW
- Counsel to Transmission Developers, Inc. (a Blackstone Portfolio Company) regarding FERC regulation over, and the permitting and commercialization of, the $2.2 billion 1000 MW HVDC
- Champlain Hudson Power Express transmission line between Quebec, Canada and NYISO
- Counsel to ITC Holdings Corp. regarding FERC negotiated rate authority associated with the Lake Erie Connector Project, a 1000 MW bi-directional HVDC transmission line between PJM and Ontario, Canada
Global Legal Chronicle
Financier Worldwide Magazine
Global Legal Chronicle
Carbon Capture Update