Jennifer Golinsky's environmental practice focuses on civil litigation, federal regulatory advocacy, and state and federal regulatory compliance. She works on matters related to single-party and multi-party contaminated-site cleanups under both state and federal law, with a litigation focus on cost allocation issues under the federal Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) and natural resource damages under state law, and a compliance focus on soil and groundwater remediation issues. Jen also represents clients in air permitting litigation and environmental class actions.
Jen advises individual clients and industry coalitions on active participation in federal rulemaking proceedings, with a particular emphasis on Clean Air Act regulations. She also monitors and reports to clients on regulatory and litigation developments related to the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, CERCLA, the National Environmental Policy Act, and other federal environmental statutes. Jen keeps clients apprised of the emerging federal and state regulation of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and PFAS-related litigation developments.
Jen earned her J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2017, where she was a Managing Editor of the Georgetown Environmental Law Review. She earned her B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis in 2008. During law school, Jen interned in the Environmental Defense Section of the Department of Justice and was a student attorney in an environmental litigation clinic.
Before attending law school, Jen worked as a legislative aide in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate, where she covered a portfolio that included environmental, energy, agriculture, and transportation issues.
- Managing portfolio of legacy environmental cleanup sites for a Global Fortune 500 company, including representing client in potentially responsible party (PRP) groups at multi-party Superfund and state cleanup sites across the United States and overseeing environmental consultants implementing single-party cleanup sites
- Representing consumer products and petrochemical industry defendants in Superfund litigation in federal district court
- Representing consumer products industry defendant in natural resource damages litigation in state court
- Representing home renovation company in U.S. Environmental Protection Agency enforcement proceeding under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TCSA) Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule
- Representing electric generating company defendant in challenge to air permit for new liquefied natural gas processing facility before a state environmental hearing board
- Representing ad-hoc coalition of approximately 40 U.S. electric generating companies in federal Clean Air Act regulatory advocacy, including drafting coalition comments on Clean Air Act rulemakings and guidance documents
- Counseling electric generating companies on Clean Air Act regulatory compliance and permitting
- Advising clients on key developments in the regulation of and litigation pertaining to per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- Representing pro bono clients as amici curiae in support of a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court for a writ of certiorari
Reconsideration of National Ambient Air Quality Standards: Boldly Going Where No Administration Has Successfully Gone BeforeSpeeches & Presentations
33rd Annual Baker Botts Environmental, Safety, and Incident Response Seminar