Representative Litigation Matters
- International Arbitration – lead counsel in arbitrations under the AAA, ICDR, CPR, ICC, LCIA, PCA, SCC and ZCC
- Russian Federation and key officials – lead counsel on several litigation matters brought against the Russian Federation and various Ministers
- Gazpromneft – lead counsel on a multibillion-dollar bankruptcy filing by Yukos Oil Company
- Ford Motor Company – national counsel for 20 years, handling a wide variety of high-stakes litigation matters for the company
- Kia Motors Corporation – lead counsel in an international (ICC) arbitration for Kia Motors Corp. in a dispute over a joint venture in Brazil
- Hines Interests Limited Partnership – lead counsel for 20 years on a wide variety of real estate and construction matters
Representative Governmental Relation Matters
- Negotiations with Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission officials regarding criminal investigations and international disputes
- Negotiations with mayors, city councils and governors regarding financial subsidies for business relocations
- Negotiations with Chinese government officials regarding the release of international star Yao Ming to play in the NBA
- Negotiations with the Houston mayor and city council for a $300 million arena complex
- Former co-head of firm’s Political Action Committees
Representative International Transactional Matters
- Construtora Norberto Odebrecht and Techint International Construction Corp. – consortium bid with Enron and IPL for a BOT bid in excess of $1 billion for expansion of the TransEcuadorian Pipeline
- Mitsubishi Corporation – long-term styrene supply contract secured by a mortgage on the styrene plant
- Mitsubishi Corporation – asset purchase of a local U.S. engineering company
- Construtora Norberto Odebrecht – consortium construction bid with Bechtel to Shell for the $3 billion development of the “Camisea” gas fields
- Leslie Alexander, Former Owner of the Houston Rockets
- Tilman Fertitta, CEO Landry's, Inc.
- Jeff Starzec, General Counsel, EnVen Energy Corp.
- Mario Garnero, President, Brasilinvest Empreendimentos e Participacoes S.A.
- Bernt Netland, President & CEO, Intercontinental Terminals Company, LLC