Capital Markets & Securities Offerings
- Höegh LNG Partners LP, an owner and operator of floating storage and regasification units (FSRUs) and other liquefied natural gas (LNG) infrastructure assets, in its $221 million initial public offering of common units (Selected as the "IPO Deal of the Year" by Marine Money Offshore), two secondary equity offerings and one ATM program.
- KNOT Offshore Partners LP, an owner and operator of shuttle tankers, in five secondary equity offerings.
- Underwriters to Borr Drilling Ltd., an owner and operator of offshore drilling rigs, in its $53 million U.S. initial public offering of common shares and a subsequent ATM program.
- Various public offerings and 144A/Reg S private placements of exchangeable debt and convertible debt securities, and redemptions and tender offers related to such debt securities.
- Underwriters for Teekay Corporation, an international provider of crude oil and gas marine transportation services, and its public company affiliates in multiple debt and equity offerings, including senior secured notes, convertible notes, preferred equity offerings and a private placement of common equity that facilitated a comprehensive group restructuring (Selected as the "Restructuring Deal of the Year" by Marine Money Offshore).
- Ascent Capital Group, Inc., the owner of Brinks Home Security, in several restructuring transactions, including a public tender offer for its outstanding convertible notes and privately negotiated repurchases of same.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc., a coal company, in a debt exchange under Section 3(a)(9) of the Securities Act and in public offerings of senior notes and common stock.
- CrownRock, L.P., an upstream oil and gas company, in the formation of a new holding company and a related $475 million private placement of preferred units.
- Underwriters to Highwoods Properties Inc., an office REIT, in numerous debt and equity offerings.
- Underwriters to Delek Logistics Partners, LP, an owner and operator of crude oil and refined product pipelines and marketing assets, in a debt offering under Rule 144A.
- Woodside Petroleum Ltd, an Australian upstream oil and gas company, in the implementation of its American Depositary Shares program.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Golar LNG Limited in its $251 million sale of Golar LNG Partners L.P. to New Fortress Energy, Inc.
- Axel Johnson in the private sale of the common units, general partner interest, and incentive distribution rights in Sprague Resources L.P., to Hartree Partners L.P.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. in the strategic partnership with, and investment of $640 million by, Brookfield Business Partners.
- NRG Energy, Inc. in (i) the purchase of the interest of the co-owners of two power plants and the subsequent unwind of the sale-leaseback arrangement for the plants and (ii) several transactions in connection with the sale of a residential solar portfolio.
- Quintana Shipping Group in $365 million sale of 14-vessel fleet to Golden Ocean Group.
- Höegh LNG Partners LP in three dropdowns of interests in FSRUs from Höegh LNG Holdings Ltd.
- KNOT Offshore Partners LP in nine dropdowns of shuttle tankers from Knutsen NYK Offshore Tankers AS.
- Sellers in the purchase and sale of several development-stage wind and solar projects.
- Riverstone Holdings in the $400 million acquisition of three coal-fired generating plants located in Maryland from a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation.