Brad Bowling practices in all areas of intellectual property law, including patent prosecution, patent litigation and patent opinion preparation. He prepares and prosecutes patent applications over a broad range of technologies relating to software, solid state storage, electronics, oil fields tools and geosciences. In the areas of oil exploration and production technologies, Mr. Bowling has worked on cases involving seismic imaging and processing, downhole imaging and downhole condition detection, core sampling and testing, fracture design and modeling, reservoir modeling and characterization and SP logging. Mr. Bowling also assists clients to negotiate and craft agreements relating to confidentiality, software development and other commercial arrangements. Mr. Bowling also counsels clients on compliance with open source licenses and data privacy regulations.
Before attending law school, Mr. Bowling worked as a Web applications developer for sell.com, where he was involved in all aspects of the design and implementation of an Internet marketplace.
- Alcatel-Lucent, Inc. (Southern District of California) －Defended patent lawsuit involving networking and graphical user interface technologies
- Alcatel USA Sourcing, Inc. (Eastern District of Texas) －Prosecuted two patent lawsuits concerning video streaming and network security technologies
- Alcatel USA Sourcing, Inc. (Eastern District of Virginia) －Prosecuted Administrative Procedure Act case against the United States Patent Office
- Dell Inc. (Eastern District of Texas) －Defending patent infringement case relating to noise reduction in computer hard drives
- Realsource, Inc. (Western District of Texas) －Prosecuted patent infringement case against multiple defendants involving gift card authorization technology
- SandenVendo America et al. (Eastern District of Texas) －Defended patent infringement case relating to robotic vending machines
- Fusion-io, Inc. (Eastern District of Texas) －Defended a patent infringement case involving twelve patents directed to flash memory control technologies
- TD Ameritrade (Eastern District of Texas) －Defending a patent case concerning encryption technologies
- Preparation of opinions dealing with a variety of technologies, including virtualization software, heat exchangers and welding techniques
- Preparation and prosecution of patents for a number of clients, including Halliburton Energy Services, Dell Inc. and a semiconductor microcontroller company
Global Legal Chronicle