Deal Description: On May 25, 2022, Höegh LNG Partners LP (the “Partnership”) (NYSE: HMLP) announced that Höegh LNG Holdings Ltd. (“Höegh LNG”) will acquire by merger all of the outstanding publicly held common units representing limited partner interests of the Partnership (the “Common Units”) in exchange for $9.25 per Common Unit.
The conflicts committee, composed solely of directors unaffiliated with Höegh LNG (the “Conflicts Committee”), of the board of directors of the Partnership (the “Board”), after consultation with its independent legal and financial advisors, unanimously determined that the merger agreement and the transactions contemplated thereby were in the best interests of the Partnership and the holders of Common Units unaffiliated with Höegh LNG and approved the merger agreement and the transactions contemplated thereby. Subsequently, based on the recommendation of the Conflicts Committee, the Board unanimously approved the merger agreement and the transactions contemplated thereby.
Baker Botts L.L.P. represented the Partnership in the transaction.
Baker Botts Lawyers/Office Involved:
- Corporate: Catherine Gallagher (Partner, Washington, D.C.); Michael Swidler (Partner, New York); Lee Neel Davis (Special Counsel, Washington, D.C.); Jon Kovacs (Senior Associate, New York)
- Tax: Jon Lobb (Partner, Houston)
- Employee Benefits: Robin Melman (Partner, New York)
- Litigation: David Sterling (Partner, Houston)
- Antitrust: Matthew Levitt (Partner, Brussels); Michael P. Bodosky (Special Counsel, Washington, D.C.); Daniel Vasbeck (Senior Associate, Brussels)
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.