HOUSTON, July 13, 2020 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that its Tax Department has maintained its high Chambers rankings across its specialties of Income Tax, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, and Private Client Service (PCS).
The PCS practice most recently earned another “Band-1” ranking in Texas: Private Wealth Law in Chambers High Net Worth.
This ranking comes on the heels of equally impressive rankings in Chambers USA for the firm’s Income Tax and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practices. Recently, the firm earned Band-1 recognitions in Texas: Tax; and Texas: Houston & Surrounds: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation.
In addition, the firm was ranked in Chambers USA in the National: Tax: Corporate & Finance category, and Legal 500 US ranked the firm nationally in International Tax; U.S. Taxes: Contentious; and U.S. Taxes: Non-Contentious.
Thirteen lawyers in the Tax Department have been recognized this year by Chambers in a total of 16 categories. These rankings are as follows:
- Paige Ben-Yaacov, Texas: Private Wealth Law – Band 1
- Mark Bodron, Texas: Houston & Surrounds: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation – Band 1
- Mike Bresson, Texas: Tax – Band 3
- Keri Brown, Texas: Private Wealth Law – Up and Coming
- Stephen Dyer, Texas: Private Wealth Law – Band 1 and USA: Private Wealth: Central Region – Band 2
- Derek Green, Texas: Tax – Band 4
- Richard Husseini, Texas: Tax: Litigation – Band 2 and National: Tax: Controversy – Band 4
- Stephen Marcus, Texas: Tax – Band 2
- Renn Neilson, Texas:Tax – Band 3
- Robert Phillpott, Texas: Tax – Band 4
- John Porter, National: Tax: Controversy – Band 4, Texas: Private Wealth Law – Band 1, and USA: Private Wealth Disputes – Band 1
- Gail Stewart, Texas: Houston & Surrounds: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation– Band 1
- Eric Winwood, Texas: Dallas, Fort Worth & Surrounds: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation – Band 2
Several clients lauded the firm’s Tax Department in Chambers. "Its work is impeccable," stated a Baker Botts Tax client.
According to another client, "The firm has an excellent employee benefits practice. The team has excellent legal judgment and knowledge."
The firm is also highly regarded for its handling of fiduciary disputes and tax litigation. “When it comes to estate tax controversy, particularly with family limited partnerships, they have been counsel or parties in many of the famous reported cases. These guys have been there and done that 20 million times.”
Baker Botts Tax lawyers offer individuals and corporations a wealth of experience in addressing complex tax needs. Our Tax lawyers work closely with other transactional lawyers to develop plans and structures that help our clients with their business objectives, while minimizing the impact of state, federal and international taxes.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.