HOUSTON, September 3, 2019 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international energy and technology law firm, is pleased to be a sponsor of the Gastech Exhibition and Conference 2019, the world’s largest global gas, LNG and energy event. The firm is also the exclusive Legal Partner for the VIP Program at Gastech, which takes place September 16-19.
Baker Botts has worked on hundreds of natural gas and LNG projects, helping clients launch some of the most innovative projects worldwide. The firm is widely recognized for its integrated team of experienced LNG lawyers who are attuned to changing market conditions and able to efficiently navigate the complex transactions inherent in major LNG projects.
“The U.S. is the world’s largest energy market, both as a producer and consumer, and by 2022 it is expected to be a net energy exporter for the first time in nearly 70 years. It is symbolic for Gastech to return to Houston, a commercial center at the heart of the global natural gas market,” said Jason Bennett, Partner and Global Projects Department Chair at Baker Botts.
Gastech has been at the forefront of the gas and LNG industries for more than four decades, and this year is set to attract more than 400 speakers from around the world, spanning all disciplines across the entire gas, LNG and energy value chain.
“As the global energy transition intensifies, we are seeing new issues and challenges arise for the energy sector. The world continues to grow and demand more energy, yet it is also seeking new and innovative ways for energy to be delivered. This year’s Gastech is promising to be a thought-provoking conference touching on the megatrends impacting the industry,” commented Steven Miles, Partner, Energy Sector Chair and LNG Practice Leader at Baker Botts.
Baker Botts’ Global Projects and Energy lawyers Jason Bennett, Steven Miles and Nick Collins will be participating in the following panel discussions:
- Monday, September 16, 11:30 am - Jason Bennett will speak at the Global Gas Leaders' Summit, Gastech Conference's VIP Program, during the Legislators' Panel "Examining the Critical Role of Legislation in Supporting the Growth of the Natural Gas Markets."
- Wednesday, September 18, 14:00 - Jason Bennett will present on "The Global Ethane Market, Lessons from the Global LNG Trade" during S1.5: The Future Energy Supplier Landscape.
- Wednesday, September 18, 16:45 - Baker Botts Partner, Nick Collins, will speak during the Asia LNG Market Development Forum on "Financing of New Infrastructure in the Region: New Models for a New World Order."
- Thursday, September 19, 9:15 am - Steven Miles will moderate a panel on "US LNG - The Game Changer" during the S1.7 LNG Trade Dynamics session.
- (On reserve) Thursday, September 19 - Baker Botts Senior Associate, Matthew Fusina, will speak during the "Paradise Found: History, Challenges & Insights of Island LNG Development" during S2.8
Other Baker Botts lawyers who are attending the conference include Mark Rowley, Global Projects Partner and Partner in Charge of Baker Botts’ London and Middle East offices; Tom Holmberg, Global Projects Partner; David Jetter, Energy Partner; and Emil Barth, Litigation Special Counsel.
For more information visit the Gastech website.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.