The Conference is produced in concert with Concurrences and will feature EU officials, industry lawyers, business people, academics and economists.
“This is the sixth year we have partnered with Concurrences in producing our Global Antitrust forum and the attendance has grown each year and we continue to attract great speakers who bring their unique insights into the many challenging international antitrust issues facing business . This really speaks to the leadership role Baker Botts is playing in the antitrust arena both in Europe and in the United States,” said Catriona Hatton, Co-Chair of the Antitrust Practice Group and Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Brussels office.
The opening session will feature Tommaso Valletti, Chief Economist, DG COMP, Brussels and Cristina Caffarra, Head of Competition Europe, CRA.
There will be three additional sessions:
Mergers: How serious are the new theories of harm?
• Hanna ANTTILAINEN | Head of Unit - Mergers, DG COMP, Brussels
• James MANCINI | Competition Expert - Competition Division, OECD, Paris
• Ryan FOLEY | Senior Corporate Counsel - Antitrust Americas, Novartis, New York City
• Valérie MEUNIER | Vice President, Compass Lexecon, Paris
• Michael PERRY | Partner, Baker Botts, Washington D.C.
• Chair: Catriona HATTON | Partner, Baker Botts, Brussels
Abuse of dominance: EU vs. US?
• Alvaro RAMOS | Head of Global Antitrust, Qualcomm, San Diego
• Maria MAHER | Principal, Cornerstone Research, London
• John TALADAY | Partner, Baker Botts, Washington D.C.
• Aymeric DE MONCUIT | Référendaire, Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg
• Chair: Paul LUGARD | Partner, Baker Botts, Brussels
In-house counsels’ best practices and tips: Managing risk and optimizing collaboration with external advisors
• Andreas BLOMQUIST | Associate Vice President, Nasdaq, Stockholm
• Miriam VAN HEYNINGEN | Senior Antitrust Counsel, Shell, The Hague
• Jessica RAMOS-BYRNE | Senior Regulatory and Oversight Affairs Expert, EBA Clearing, Brussels
• Eliana GARCES | Principal, Brattle, Washington D.C.
• Chair: David CARDWELL | Counsel, Baker Botts, Brussels
Members of the media interested in attending should contact Helen Cunliffe.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.