WASHINGTON, D.C., June 22, 2018 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced that the firm’s Intellectual Property practice again received high recognition in IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals 2018 – a guide identifying the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe.
Baker Botts ranks coast-to-coast in the United States and globally in this year's IAM Patent 1000. The firm rankings are as follows:
- California – Litigation
- DC Metro Area – Prosecution (Recommended) and Litigation
- New York – Transactions (Recommended), Prosecution and Litigation
- Texas – Transactions, Prosecution (Highly Recommended) and Litigation
In their commentary, IAM Patent 1000 highlighted Baker Botts’ fast-growing practice stating it’s a firm with, “huge experience taking cases to trial not just in the Lone Star State, but across the country, Baker Botts has been building impressive momentum in California of late.”
Additionally, this year's IAM Patent 1000 noted, “a major leaguer, and a five-tool player at that, Baker Botts is as versatile in intellectual property and patents as any firm in the country; it demonstrates a mastery of prosecution, litigation and transactions.”
IAM Patent 1000 recognized 19 lawyers in 2018, including:
DC Metro Area
- Daniel Hulseberg – Transactions (Recommended) and Prosecution
- Robert Maier – Litigation
- Paul Ragusa – Transactions (Recommended) and Litigation
- Robert Scheinfeld – Transactions (Recommended) and Litigation
- Neil Sirota – Litigation
- Roger Fulghum – Litigation
- Michael Hawes – Litigation
- Douglas Kubehl – Transactions (Recommended) and Litigation
- Kevin Meek – Transactions (Recommended), Prosecution and Litigation
- Paul Morico – Prosecution and Litigation
- Kurt Pankratz – Litigation
- Bart Showalter – Transactions (Highly Recommended) and Litigation
- David Weaver – Litigation
- Neil Coulson – Litigation
The IAM Patent 1000 ranks the world's leading patent services providers in key jurisdictions around the globe. Research for the guide was conducted over several months by a team of full-time analysts and involved more than 1,500 interviews with patent specialists across the world.
With over 180 IP lawyers and patent professionals, holding over 220 technical degrees, Baker Botts has an incredibly deep bench of practitioners with a wealth of experience in patent litigation, patent prosecution and post-grant proceedings. Baker Botts’ IP practice also authors the PTAB Trials Blog, which provides a unique perspective on news, trends and analysis of PTAB proceedings as they evolve and the impact the proceedings have on the patent litigation landscape.
Please click to view Baker Botts' full list of rankings in the IAM Patent 1000.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.