Baker Botts Partner Travis Wofford is speaking at the 2021 Lex Mundi Cross-Border Transactions Sustainability Seminar on October 27 at 10:00 a.m. ET on a 90-minute webinar exploring how sustainability is driving M&A and shareholder activism.
The agenda includes two panel discussions on the following topics:
- Sustainable M&A: ESG factors are key drivers for M&A across sectors and jurisdictions and are no longer simply due diligence considerations. The discussion focuses on how businesses have changed to reflect the shifting priorities of investors, governments and other stakeholders. The speakers will advise on how the legal profession must also address these shifts.
- Sustainability and Shareholder Activism: Our three experienced panelists will explore the impact of shareholder activism on company sustainability, including market updates and trends from recent proxy campaigns.
The speakers include:
- Travis Wofford - Partner, Department Chair - Corporate (Houston), Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Jennifer Maxwell - Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Alexander Chmel - Deputy Head, Legal Affairs - Europe and APAC, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Kevin Korengold - General Counsel Northern European Zone, Veolia
- Andrew Thorson - VP & General Counsel EMEALA, Johnson Controls
- Robert Allan - Senior Legal Counsel – Legal Partnerships and M&A, Ørsted
- Roger Cox - Advocaat, Partner, Paulussen Advocaten NV
- Bruce Goldfarb - President and Chief Executive Officer, Okapi Partners LLC
To register for the online webinar, click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.