The first in a series of 30-minute conversations, featuring outside security experts and cross-disciplinary Baker Botts attorneys.
Ransomware attacks have seen an alarming increase in the last two years with the intentional targeting of key industrial and manufacturing businesses. Victims of ransomware attacks must make time-sensitive decisions about:
- how to quickly restore business operations
- how to disclose the attack and to whom
- managing communication from the board to third party vendors and customers
- how to interact with law enforcement and other government agencies, particularly in light of sometimes conflicting guidance from the government
In this session, panelists -- which include a former general counsel, a former federal cybercrime prosecutor, and a cybersecurity expert -- address best practices and key considerations for resuming normal business operations as quickly as possible, communicating with insider and outsiders, and interacting with different U.S. enforcement agencies in the event of a ransomware incident.
- Cynthia Cole, Partner, Baker Botts
- Bryan Hurd, Vice President, Chief of Office, Aon Cyber Solutions
- Kyle Clark, Partner, Baker Botts
- Brendan Quigley, Partner, Baker Botts
To access the on-demand recording of this program, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.