We are pleased to announce that Baker Botts partners Maureen Ohlhausen and Erik Koons will be speaking at American Bar Association's 69th Antitrust Law Virtual Spring Meeting, which will be held virtually March 23-26, 2021. The full agenda can be downloaded here, and details on Maureen and Erik's panels are below.
To Register for this Event, click here.
Thursday, March 25, 11:30AM–1:30 PM The Chair's Showcase: The Future of Antitrust
Antitrust is at an inflection point. Voices across the political spectrum are asking: Is new antitrust legislation needed? If so, what should it look like? The Chair’s Showcase is the culmination of the Section’s yearlong exploration of the theme of The Future of Antitrust. Hear from these thought leaders about the prospect of legislative reform and what it might mean for antitrust enforcement.
- Section Chair & Moderator: Gary P. Zanfagna (Paul Hastings LLP, Washington, DC)
- Discussants: William E. Kovacic (The George Washington University School of Law, Washington, DC), Fiona M. Scott Morton (Yale School of Management, New Haven, CT), Richard G. Parker (Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP, Washington, DC), Jonathan B. Sallet (Benton Institute for Broadband & Society, Washington, DC), Sandeep Vaheesan (Open Markets Institute, Washington, DC), The Hon. Christine S. Wilson (Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC)
- Presenting Papers: Maureen K. Ohlhausen (Baker Botts LLP, Washington, DC), Carl Shapiro (Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA)
Thursday, March 25, 10:00–11:00 AM Concurrent CLE Sessions: Eureka! Foreign Evidence in U.S. Antitrust Litigation
Presented by the Corporate Counseling and Global Private Litigation Committees Antitrust litigation, particularly cartel cases, can rise and fall based entirely on evidence located abroad. Gaining or preventing access to this evidence is an essential tool in the litigator’s kit, and in-house counsel play a crucial role. Explore both offensive and defensive strategies in this session featuring leading litigation counsel.
- Session Chair & Moderator: Judith A. Zahid (Zelle LLP, San Francisco, CA)
- Speakers: Meegan F. Hollywood (Robins Kaplan LLP, New York, NY), Erik T. Koons (Baker Botts LLP, Washington, DC), Peter Wang (Jones Day, Hong Kong), Charles Webb (Senior Antitrust Counsel, FedEx, Memphis, TN)
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.