The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about staggering uncertainty. In these turbulent times, no compliance program is immune from impact and it is critical that your compliance controls be fit for purpose. Shrinking budgets and travel restrictions are the norm not the exception, and “Best Practices” must be reconsidered in light of present realities. Pandemic uncertainty makes change an imperative. This webinar featured Baker Botts partners Bridget Moore and Nadira Clarke, FTI Managing Director Lindi Jarvis, and Encompass Health Senior Vice-President and Chief Compliance Officer Dawn Rock, panelists with a wealth of compliance experience who offered innovative ideas and battle-tested advice for creating an effective, resilient program that can withstand today’s challenging environment.
The program provided innovative ideas such as:
- Enhancing risk assessment and due diligence processes to identify COVID-19 related risks
- Updating codes of conduct, policies, and procedures to track COVID-19 areas of risk
- Revising auditing and monitoring strategies to include data analytics capabilities to address key areas of COVID-19 risk
- Leverage data quality, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence to help reduce manual processes
- Manage supply chain risks that are intensified in a COVID-19 environment
- Leverage new DOJ guidance addressing use of data for risk assessments and ongoing monitoring
Click here to watch a recording of this webinar.
This is the second webinar of our Proactive Steps for Compliance Webinar Series with FTI. To register for other webinars in this series, please click the titles below:
Webinar 1: Enforcement in the Age of COVID-19 – Lessons Learned from the 2008 Financial Crisis Related Enforcement Actions (Thursday, October 8)
Webinar 3: Remote Investigations (Thursday, October 22)
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.