Informa Connect Comp Law Antitrust Texas Conference is being held virtually on Tuesday, Oct. 27, and Wednesday, Oct. 28. Baker Botts partners Jeff Oliver and Erik Koons will be joining fellow panelists as part of the discussion on the following panels.
Horizontal Agreements in the Spotlight
Baker Botts partner Jeff Oliver will be speaking on Horizontal Agreements in the Spotlight on Tuesday, Oct. 27, from 9:50 a.m. - 10:40 a.m. CDT. The conversation will cover the following:
- Antitrust in the crisis: enforcement and guidance on horizontal cooperation
- Exemptions in the public interest
- Antitrust implications of government management of supply chains and information requests
- Distressed industries – policing cooperation when business is bad
- Traditional concerns, including the state of criminal enforcement, CSI and general information sharing, and “No poaching” enforcement
- Antitrust and ESG: competition issues in collaborating on sustainability goals
- Use of procurement data to detect collusion by suppliers
Compliance: Interpreting New Guidance
Baker Botts partner Erik Koons will be speaking on Compliance: Interpreting New Guidance on Wednesday, Oct. 28, from 9:40 a.m. - 10:40 a.m. CDT. The conversation will cover the following:
- Compliance program credit: reviewing new guidance published by DOJ
- What counts as a compliance program and which elements are most important for mitigating judgements?
- Challenges when navigating through multiple jurisdictions
- Antitrust and HR Guidance – avoiding risks and staying compliant
- Practical dawn raid preparation
To download the full agenda and register for the event, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.