1L IP DIVERSITY FELLOWSHIP
A global law firm with a distinguished heritage, Baker Botts is a leader in the field of Intellectual Property law. We seek exceptional law students who possess technical degrees or backgrounds to join us and contribute to the continued growth and success of our firm. With over 200 lawyers and patent professionals — who together hold 240 technical degrees — Baker Botts’ Intellectual Property legal team offers the strength and depth needed to provide sophisticated advice and counseling on a truly international scale.
The Baker Botts/AT&T 1L IP Diversity Fellowship will be awarded to a talented first-year law student interested in pursuing a long-term career in Intellectual Property Law. Our fellowship provides the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a large, global law firm and in the legal department of one of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The IP Diversity Fellow will participate in the firm’s 2023 Summer Program in our Dallas office, spending time both at the firm and with AT&T. During this time, the IP Diversity Fellow will receive hands-on experience working directly on AT&T matters both in-house and with outside counsel providing a unique 360 degree view of legal services for AT&T. The IP Diversity Fellow will have the benefit of mentors both at the firm and with AT&T.
At Baker Botts, we are committed to the recruitment, retention and development of exceptional attorneys and law students. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives and the integral role they play in the continued growth and success of our firm. The Baker Botts/AT&T 1L IP Diversity Fellowship is one of our many diversity programs aimed at promoting diversity here at our firm and in the legal profession.
- Complete Online Application (Beginning November 2022)
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (an unofficial transcript may be submitted until an official transcript can be provided)
- Official Law School Transcript (an unofficial transcript may be submitted until an official transcript can be provided)
- Brief Statement Explaining Your Interest in Becoming a Baker Botts/AT&T Fellow
- Academic Achievement
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes
- Technical Background or Experience, Including a Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Biology, or Physics, and Commitment to Pursuing a Career in Intellectual Property Law
- Patent Bar Eligibility
- Interest in Practicing Law in Dallas
- Long-term Interest in Practicing Law in Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C.
Baker Botts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, the fellowship is open to all first-year law students currently enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of Spring 2025, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
Questions? Please reach out to email@example.com in Dallas.